Saturday, November 8, 2008

Nothin Could be Finer....

than living in Carolina. We spent the afternoon on a bike ride along the American Tobacco Trail today. This was the first time that we have taken Ethan's bike and let him ride with us. Usually he is in the bike trailer with Owen, but we thought we would give it a try today. We were not able to ride as far, get as much exercise as we usually do, but it was so much fun watching him take off on his own. He even fell over once but got right back up and hopped back on. I think he really felt "big" today not having to ride in the trailer. We probably rode a mile or a little more, which when you think about it, is quite a distance for 4 year old legs. And then we went to Harris Lake Park so the boys could play on the playground. They had a lot of fun and it felt great outside. The colors around here are just gorgeous now. The peak in WNC has probably come and gone by now, but we are just starting to peak in the Triangle area. I absolutely love this time of year. Note the picture of the boys with Owen in the BACK of the trailer. I swear I tightened his seat belt in the trailer as tight as I thought was possible and he still managed to slip out of it. I think he spent most of the ride hanging out the front trying to pick up leaves. He is going to be my extreme sports kid.




No comments: