Friday, July 11, 2008

Ahoy There Matey!

Someone once told me time flies once you have children. It seems they told me this when I was in the midst of up all night nursing sessions and I thought to myself, if only it would fly by maybe one day I would actually get some sleep. And here I am, 4 years later and I can honestly say, yes it does. I always become very nostalgic around my boys birthdays. Like today for instance, 4 years ago today, Ethan was only 4 days old. I hadn't yet learned to burp him and my husband and I were literally up from midnight until 6 am with a non stop crying baby that we had no idea what to do with. I suppose at 6 am my precious bundle of joy accepted his parents didn't have a clue what they were doing and finally gave it up for some sleep. 4 years later, he sleeps like a dream and finally, I do too. Tomorrow we are celebrating his 4th birthday at Marbles Children's Museum. He is into pirates right now and they have a large pirate ship with dress up clothes to boot. He is so excited his friends are coming to celebrate along with his Aunt Jan, Unkin Navin, Mimi and PawPaw. So as I take a moment to look back at baby pictures and update his baby book I can't help but admire the wonderful little boy he is becoming. And maybe, just maybe, I will shed a little tear and long for those all night nursing sessions again.

No comments: