Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tigger Fa-mi-ly

I am so excited about Ethan's latest accomplishment. It may seem trivial to some, but this latest achievement is huge in my book. A couple of weeks ago, Ethan had his 4 year check up. One of the questions Chris was asked was whether Ethan could draw people yet, even stick people. He said he didn't know, we had never tried it. So that evening Chris showed Ethan how to do it and it did it effortlessly. Fast forward a few weeks......I picked Ethan up from preschool on Monday and he was busy at the table drawing. He proudly looked up at me and said "look mommy I drew you and daddy and Owen." And he did! You may wonder why I am so proud of him over this, well let me tell you. He is turning into a little boy and with that comes the awareness that maybe, just maybe the world doesn't always revolve around him; that he cares about other people in his life and thinks about us even when we are not present. The fact that he drew everyone else first and saved himself until last and yet didn't even get to finish with drawing himself, I think speaks volumes. Maybe I am reading too much into this, but for me, this was one of those moments as a mom that you stop and say to yourself "I must be doing something right." I will try to post a picture of his family art in the next couple of days.

No comments: