Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bike Ride

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a new bike and a trailer to pull behind so that I could ride and pull the boys in the trailer. I thought it was a great idea. Both boys got in the trailer at the store, we hooked it up to the bike and I pulled them around the parking lot. They seemed to love it. Sold. So we bought it. Fast forward a few weeks and come to find out, Ethan hates it. I am really not sure why. I pedal as fast as I can so that he gets a thrill of going fast, but nonetheless he mostly cries the whole time we are out, which is never less than an hour at a time. Weekend before last, we took the bikes out to the American Tobacco Trail and rode about 5 miles into the trail, stopped for a picnic, then rode the 5 miles back to the car, roughly 2 hours of riding. They had toys, sippy cups, snacks, books, you name it, I tried to throw it in the trailer to keep them occupied. Still, Ethan constantly asked me "are we done yet?", "can we go home now?" etc. So tonight, instead of fighting with Ethan about going for a bike ride and getting out of the house for some fresh air, I let it go and just Owen and I went. We had a blast! We chatted most of the way about things we saw, sprinklers watering people's lawns, dogs, children playing, you name it, we talked about it. This was probably the most fun I have had since buying the bike and the trailer. It doesn't mean that Ethan is going to get his way every night and get out of coming out with us, but for tonight, it was just me and Owie and it was so much fun!

No comments: