Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Owie B

It seems like I have written a lot about Ethan lately but haven't had much to say about Owen so this post is all about him. Owen has always been an affectionate child. Aunt Jan once said you haven't been hugged until you have been hugged by Owen. He is so lovable and cuddly and when he hugs you and hugs tight and close up on your shoulder. Here lately, maybe over the last week, he has been waking at night between 11 and 12 has been wanting to get in our bed. I used to refuse and try to rock him back to sleep but recently I have just been getting him and bringing him to bed with us. He still likes to play with my hair while falling back asleep but he is becoming more respectful when I tell him that's enough. This usually happens if I have a headache and he is pulling or if he is picking my hair up and dropping it in my face. He usually goes back to sleep really quickly and for the most part I do too. The biggest reason I have stopped fighting him about staying in his bed is really selfish. I love waking up with him. I remember when Ethan was around 2-2 1/2 and it never failed, he woke up grouchy 90% of the time. Crying and whining, just really unpleasant to be around. And still to this day he can be this way if things don't go his way right off. Meaning Chris doesn't rush downstairs to get his orange juice for him. But not Owen. He always wakes up with a smile on his face and usually when I wake up he is snuggled right up next to me with his head on my shoulder. I just love it! Ethan is very much into electronics and I think will end up being a daddy's boy, but not my Owie B. He is a mommy's boy through and through. Here are a few pictures that his day care teacher has taken recently that I think are just adorable.

No comments: