Monday, August 23, 2010

Thankfulness

We had guests this past weekend. My sweet cousin Kallie
and my wonderful Aunt Jan.
It has been a while since we have had guests for dinner and all our spring/summer'ish plates were dirty so I ended up getting our fall plates out a little early.

I should stop here and say until I became close with this sweet woman (my mother in law)
I didn't even know that people had more than one set of every day dishes.

So anyway, I got out our fall dishes which are yellow gold with fall leaves around the edges. I love these dishes. They remind me of cooler weather, bowls of chili, football season and leaves falling. Everything that makes fall the most wonderful time of the year.

So this evening while I sit here listening to Ethan and Owen jumping way up there and sounding like they are going to fall right through the ceiling I am thankful. Thankful for a wonderful family. Thankful for a sweet 12 year old cousin who teaches me to make homemade biscuits. (Now she just needs to teach me to make cornbread.) Thankful for an aunt who goes out of her way to be close to my children. Thankful for a mother in law who listens to me for hours at a time on the phone and teaches me about seasonal dishes. And thankful for an amazing husband who puts up with my day to day ramblings and loves me in spite of myself.

Photobucket

No comments: