Monday, February 28, 2011

Deck Progress

We have made a lot of progress in the last week.
I just haven't been able to keep up lately posting pictures. This is a good bit of one of the 4 or 5 loads of wood we (read Chris) hauled off.
Almost gone.
Sweet girl.
And gone.
You see that big root/stump? Chris dug up about 5 of those before he could proceed roping the deck off.
And roped off. Yesterday after church he and the boys spent the afternoon filling these cylinders with rocks and concrete then a little screw bolt kind of thing sticking up that will attach to something else that is silver, which will eventually fit on the bottom of a post. At least I think.
Because this deck is going to be bigger than the one we had, I have had to relocate my day lilies yet again.
So this morning Owen, Eliza and myself worked on the bank behind the house. Clearing, raking and then replanting day lilies. We were filthy! Of course, Owen and Eliza played in the dirt just as much as they were working. So after we had moved all the lilies we came in so they could have a mid afternoon bath. I think those kinds of baths are the best kind. We weren't in a hurry to get out for bed or anything special. Just relaxing, getting clean and having fun. After bath they both got dressed and climbed in the bed for some cartoons. I think they deserved it.

No comments: