Thursday, July 15, 2010

Baby Has a New Love

What an evening! Let me just get that out there right off the bat. We were on E after picking Ethan up from school so we stopped at the gas station to fill up and when I got back in the car to drive us home, the car wouldn't start. Hmmmm.......that's odd. I tried again. Knowing I was just, literally, at the park picking up Ethan and all was well. Nothing happened so I called Chris. Ummm.......Honey, can you come get us? So he leaves work to get us and thinks it is the battery so he runs home to get the jumper cables. Owen went with daddy and Ethan, Eliza and I stayed at the car, because despite it being 900 degrees outside it was a bigger pain to move the car seats for a 10 minute ride. So while we were waiting I thought we would go inside and get a drink. Eliza's cheeks were as red as tomatoes and Ethan's hair was drenched and he literally had sweat pouring down his face. We get inside and Ethan sees the Icee machine and knows exactly what he wants. Now, I should say up front that I am not the one that buys the Icees - that's daddy's thing with the kids. But really with it being 900 degrees outside and all, I figured we could all use something as cold as possible.

Look who has a new favorite drink.
If I told you she loved it, I would be grossly underestimating the value of this treat.
And yes, I know it has a bajillion grams of sugars in it.
And red numbers 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Whatever that is.
But I also know this girl had 3 shots today at her "wellness" appointment.
And her mommy got into an argument with the doctor because I declined the 3 other shots he wanted to give her. 6! All at once. Really? 6? Am I the only one who thinks that seems like a lot?
And he was all "I hope she doesn't get MMR in the next 6 months." And I was all "Yea, me too." And he was all "But you are her mother." And I was all "Yea, you got that right."
And we sat in a hot broken down car for 45 minutes and it was 900 degrees out.
And sometimes a girl just wants an Icee because they are icee cold and yummy.
And I would argue she deserved it.
It's bath time now. And baby doesn't like it when you take things away from her. Like her baby blanket or her Icee.
But she rebounds well.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

E really loves her slurpee and straw. Love how she carried it around like a security blanket, LOL. She is so stinkin' sweet. Yep, 900 degrees. We are kind of experiencing that now. My thermometer on the car read 111 (was kind enough to drop to a low of 99....niceeee)as we drove home from the mall today. Such not kind weather for an already freaking hot perimenopausal woman. Ha!