Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Eliza!

I cannot believe I am already typing this! A year has gone by since we were blessed with you sweetheart and it has been a wonderful year to say the least. I woke up this morning to this.
Which is usually how you wake up; all smiles.
You helped Ethan build train track before school this morning.
You adore your brothers and get so tickled and excited when they walk in the room.
We took Ethan to school then headed to the mall to run some errands.
We got there a bit early so you and Owen were able to play in the childrens area for about a hour. You both thought this was so much fun!
You received a lot of compliments on your birthday dress.
You carried your sippy cup around with you a lot and today was your first full day on milk instead of formula. You have adjusted just fine and I don't even have to warm it for you.
I know there will come a day when neither you or your brothers want to be around each other (think preteen) but right now, I love watching you together. You look up to them and they love to talk to you about whatever they are doing.
I spend a lot of my time like this - following you. I rarely ever get any front photos of you these days. You are so busy and wanting to do it all. After playing, we went to Panera for breakfast and then met daddy for lunch. By that time we were pushing nap time so we headed home for the afternoon. Today wasn't filled with many birthday festivities but it was still special and we had a lot of fun.

So what are you up to these days?
  • You are eating anything and everything that we eat. Favorite snacks are hummus and goldfish.
  • You are down to 1 bottle a day, at bedtime, and I am not in any rush to take that one away.
  • You are drinking 2% milk.
  • You can say Emma, Mama, Owa (Owen), Bye Bye, My, Hello and I am sure a few other words that I am forgetting right now.
  • You are very curious about the stairs and try to climb them when you can.
  • You like to hold my hand when we walk.
  • You refuse to wear any bows in your hair and I really think you taunt me over them. If I put one in, you will look right at me, smile (or laugh) and then pull it out. I think you know I love them.
  • I love spending my days with you and Owen and could not possibly be more thrilled to have quit my job to stay home. I look so forward to the years to come and all the memories we will make together.
When you were only a few weeks old daddy and I would be up at all hours all night long with you. Rocking you, feeding you, walking you, anything just to keep you happy. One night we were up late with you, I was holding you and daddy was painting our bedroom and this song came on. (stop the music at the very bottom to play this one)



And I was bawling.

Here we are a year later and it is true.....it doesn't last long. I would love to go back 1 year ago and be sitting up with you all night in the hospital. Just us. Our dimly lit hospital room, a nurse bringing you to me at all hours to nurse, me barely awake to know what is going on. I can still feel your sweet little body in my arms. All 9 pounds of you. (ha! little!) But since I can't go back or stop time, then I will just cherish each and every day I have with you and be grateful that our family was blessed yet again with a wonderful, precious baby. I don't know where I would be without you. You have helped me let go of one life and introduced me to another. One that is more full of happiness and laughter. My cup runneth over.

We love you sweet, sweet girl. Happy Birthday, Eliza Gale!

Photobucket

No comments: