Thursday, January 20, 2011

Miscellaneous Ramblings

After several weeks of go go go, I finally feel like we have settled back into our routine. Eliza is back to napping during the day. Owen is back to school 3 days a week and Ethan has settled back into school and soccer on Friday nights. It feels good to settle in. Like your favorite pair of jeans or that first sip of coffee in the morning. This morning I even mopped the floors downstairs. Now that is something to be proud of. It always seems like such an ordeal to mop. Finding the mop is always one thing then trying to keep small feet from pittering around on the wet floor is a completely different event. This morning though I just had Eliza so I thought, let's do this. Of course, I no more than mopped around where she was sitting and she threw her apple juice in the floor. I suppose that is my fault for letting her have juice while I was mopping. But another quick swipe of the mop and all clean again.

Owen received a lego police boat for his birthday and today makes the third day that we have sat in my bed and worked it together. He loves it. I was a little nervous about him sitting still long enough or caring enough to sit and do it but he really does great. And each day we put it together he will say something like "I can't wait for Ethan to see this one." Or "maybe we should wait until Ethan gets home to do it this time." So anyone wondering what to get him, legos are great.

I have been listening to KLOVE in the car since the New Year started (part of my walk a little closer to God resolution). Well, today as I was fixing lunch Owen was singing the chorus to Here I am to Worship by Chris Tomlin:

Here I am to worship,
Here I am to bow down,
Here I am to say that You're my God
You're altogether lovely
All together worthy,
All together wonderful to me

I asked him if he learned that song at school during music class and he said, as a matter of fact, no mommy you play it on the radio. Thank you KLOVE for feeding my 5 year old's soul and nourishing this momma.

I recently finished a great book, The Help.
I highly recommend it. The characters in the book draw you into their worlds and make you cheer for them. It takes place in Mississippi during the Civil Rights Era and follows the black help maids and the white families they work for. Really fantastic book!

I have a few books waiting on me at the library that I hope to pick up tomorrow but I have also started a bible study on Tuesday nights again. Crazy Love by Francis Chan.
I read the book last year and thought it was a great book so I am really looking forward to doing the bible study along with it. I am sure I will get something new out of it this time. Francis Chan was a pastor at Cornerstone Church in California up until about 6 months ago or so. He resigned because he felt like the church had become more about people coming to hear him speak rather than to worship God. There are several vidoes of him on youtube that are really great to watch. Here are a few links:

The Awe Factor


Just Stop and Think

Balance Beam

Shut Up

There are so many out there but those are a few of my favorites. I highly recommend listening to him and even better if you have the chance to see him speak in person. I would love to do that.

So that's what's going on with us right now. Busy, but a routine kind of busy which feels good.

No comments: