At midnight Chris and I were ready to call it a night and the boys thought the party should rage on. Ethan's comment was "if you really want this to be a party, we need to make some popcorn." It's the simple things. Really.
2010 was a wonderful year for our family and I know 2011 holds great things for us too. Here are a few significant things from 2010:
- Owen turned 4 and is rapidly approaching 5.
- Owen broke his left tibia.
- Ethan turned 6 and is growing straight up like a beanstalk.
- Eliza turned 1! You would think by the third child that turning 1 wouldn't be such an accomplishment but I maintain, the first birthday is more of a celebration of mom and dad than baby. We made it!
- Ethan started 1st grade and is doing wonderfully.
- Ethan and Chris joined Y Guides and are thoroughly enjoying themselves.
- Ethan's reading really took off and he learned how to read to self which he thinks is just amazing.
- Owen started a church preschool program and often I think he has a stronger grasp of Jesus than even Chris or myself.
- Eliza learned to walk. Learned a few first words. Learned to climb the stairs.
- I turned 37 and staring at 38 as I type.
- Chris turned 36 and still loves being younger than me. Loves to tell the boys this too.
- Chris received good reports from his cardiologist and his heart is stronger than ever.
- Here's a biggie! I quit my job and haven't looked back once.
- Chris started a new job and is loving it.
- We celebrated 7 years of marriage and the only 7 year itch we get is for each other. I tell Chris all the time, despite our rocky start, God really knew what he was doing, after all. Imagine that. ;-)
- Love deeper.
- Listen more. Talk less.
- Appreciate my husband more.
- Walk closer to God.
- Play with my children more.
- Laugh more.
- Inhale. Exhale. Deeper.
- And of course, the obligatory, lose this baby weight! :-)
- Love deeper. Still.
- Listen even more. Talk even less.
- Appreciate my husband even more.
- Walk even closer to God.
- Play with my children even more.
- Laugh even more.
- Inhale. Exhale. Deeper. More.
- And continue with the baby weight. :-)
We had a wonderful sermon yesterday on 1 Peter 3. One thing that stuck out to me was in verse 4:
but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
So this year, I am going to try to display a gentle and quiet spirit. And for any of you who know my dad's side of the family (mainly my grandma Dottie) you will know a gentle and quiet spirit is not something that has ever come natural. :-)
Cheers to 2011!