Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Few Random Thoughts

Yesterday when Eliza, Owen and I were leaving to pick up Ethan from school, Owen told me to turn off the tv. I asked him why and he kindly told me it is wasting power to leave it on. I asked him who told him that and he said daddy. Impressive I thought. I have been trying to teach the boys (including Chris) to turn the lights off when they leave a room and just like that, he has taught Owen to turn the tv off when he leaves a room so not to waste power. Owen also kindly reminded me that "a long time ago" I left the tv on.

Later that evening, Chris was helping Ethan brush his teeth and Ethan must have said something about what was on his tongue because Chris told him to use his toothbrush to brush his tongue. He did but whatever he saw wasn't coming off so he told Chris about it. I asked him what was wrong and he leaned out the door of the bathroom and said "oh, it's nothing, just my tastebuds." Chris then leaned out the door and said "I'm on a roll today."

And lastly, we are all starting to get sick. Ethan has been sniffling and has had a runny nose for several days now and Chris has been complaining of a sore throat. I got up at 4am to feed Eliza and she was so stopped up she was having a hard time breathing to eat. Poor little girl. Now I am starting to have a sore throat too. So far Owen is escaping our sickness. I hope it stays that way. Back to reminding everyone to wash their hands more often. Speaking of reminding everyone to do things often, why is it I repeat and repeat and repeat and Chris says something one time and next thing I know my children are telling me what's what?

No comments: