Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Let's Give Thanks

What are you thankful for? Do you think you could think of something everyday for 30 days? Well, we are trying. Meet Tom Turkey.


I cut him out of construction paper and then cut out 120 feathers in all different colors. Each day we all pick a feather and write down something we are thankful for. Ethan is practicing his writing so he is writing most of his ideas himself with me helping him sound things out. We have things from chicken nuggets, to Scooby Doo movies, to mega blocks, to hugging mommy (one of Owen's feathers). We are trying to stay on top of it but I admit life gets crazy and not to mention the tiredness thrown in there but I think we are doing well with it. I am trying to help the boys learn to appreciate the things in their lives, even if it is chicken nuggets and Scooby Doo. Admittedly, I love the innocence of that. Just as I love that Owen tends to appreciate love and affection. How did I get so blessed? For that, I am thankful.

No comments: