Sunday, November 15, 2009

Lovin' NC Weather

Ask me in July and August whether I love NC weather and I am likely to say not a chance. It is typically in the 90's or occasionally it has reached 100 degrees; hot, humid, ick! But ask me what I think about NC weather in October and November and you will hear a different story.

We have the most beautiful weather in the fall. Usually in the 60's-70's, gorgeous fall colors. And we usually have a few unseasonably warm days in November. Today was one of them. We took advantage of the day by heading out to the park.

I know our days like this are numbered and cold weather, or at least not shorts weather, is right around the corner. So we met up with one of Ethan's friends from school and had a wonderful day at our neighborhood park.

Ethan has learned to go down the fireman's pole at the park and really thinks he is doing something big now. Which, really he is. I would say it takes a lot courage and a bit of faith to lean out from the stand, grab the pole, jump and then slide down.

I continue to be amazed at all the new things he is trying. He has always been more of a cautious child so it is interesting seeing him step outside his comfort zone to try new things. I am very proud of him. And then there is this little devil, who isn't afraid to try anything new.

Don't let the sweet face fool you. Really, don't.

No comments: