Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Slowly but surely....

We are making progress on the house. I wish we had before pictures so you could see how far we have come but Chris told me everything was so ugly when we bought the house he didn't bother with pictures. Makes me wonder why we bought it? :-) Here is the kids playroom.


When we first moved in this was a man's room. Complete with wall to wall golf themed wallpaper. This room was very dark and cave-like. They had brown broken wood type blinds that were hanging by a thread. It was awful. Now it is bright and cheery. Crisp and clean. The color is called Seedling Green.


I still want to get a few more things to put on the walls but I am having a hard time committing to anything. Amazing what white wooden blinds and a fresh coat of paint can do.

On to the kids bathroom. I had originally wanted to do a bugs/butterfly theme but couldn't find a shower curtain that I liked that seemed both masculine and feminine. We went to Target on Sunday and this is what we came home with.


Chris says when the lights are on the room is so bright it is like being on the surface of the sun. :-) While it is true I wouldn't repaint in this same color of yellow, I do think it turned out ok.


And here is Ethan's room. We (well, Chris) worked incredibly hard the first weekend we had the house so that the children's rooms would be finished for them. We moved on July 6, Ethan started kindergarten on July 7 and I had Eliza on July 14. To say that I am glad to see July come and go is an understatement. Whew.


Ethan picked out his colors and I really thought he was going to pick green since that is his favorite, but for some reason he went with khaki and dark red. I think it turned out nice. He also has a Star Wars poster that I framed for him that we bought at his school's book fair last week. He was very excited about that. The bear that is on his bed is Griffin. Although I think I am the only one in the house that knows his name. We built him at Build A Bear when Ethan was a baby. I insisted Ethan would grow attached to Griffin and share many memories with him. Occasionally Ethan will pick him up, but usually it is to throw him in the floor so he can go to sleep.

And here is Owen's room. His room seems to be lacking any character at all. His nursery was firetrucks which is why his name is painted in a firetruck theme. I have considered doing that same theme now, but I don't want to do something that he is going to grow out of soon. I personally like surf boards, but he doesn't seem to care so I haven't pushed it. I do think we need to do something though to make it more kid friendly.


And finally, Miss Eliza's room. I couldn't resist doing it in pink. The actual color is called "The Fairest of Them All." How stinkin' cute is that?



I love the flowers trailing up the wall over her mirror. And the bow holder was purchased from Etsy.com, as well as the monogram above her crib. I am planning on doing a whole post on all the wonderful things I have bought from etsy in the near future. I can literally spend hours looking at all the beautiful things people make from that site.

So that's what we have been up to lately. The hallway will be next, then the laundry room and finally Chris's room on the third floor. Work, work, work........

No comments: