Sunday, November 1, 2009

Potatoes and the Modern Mom

I took Ethan to Target with me this morning to check out the clearanced halloween decorations, of which there wasn't anything we had to have except for this:
Ethan said he just couldn't live with out it. So that's what we are making right now.

But back to our Target trip......
I was reading over my list after I already picked up most everything we needed and I read the word potatoes. Ethan chimed in and said "We already have potatoes, mommy." And he held up this:

My son is growing up thinking potatoes come in a box. I just had to chuckle. Occasionally, I go all out and make homemade mashed potatoes, and I admit they do taste so much better that way. But when I have to throw dinner together in 30 minutes or less typically with a baby on my hip and two others fighting over who has the better green crayon, Hungry Jack sure does come in handy.

No comments: