Monday, September 6, 2010

The Good Stuff

Today was one of those days that you hate to see come to an end. It started with a slow morning waking up to a yummy breakfast thanks to daddy. After breakfast was cleaned up we decided to tie dye some t shirts. Ethan is doing this at school this week and Owen has been talking about wanting to do it too so I bought the stuff we needed and we got started.
T shirts soaking and dye ready.
Gloves - check!
Silly face - check!
The boys told me which shirts to do when and what colors they wanted where.
I briefly considered letting them do the dyeing part. Very briefly.
It was permanent dye we were dealing with after all.
I think they turned out great!
And the boys love doing things like this.
Chris and Ethan said we were going to have a tie dye party at the beach - so if you have one, bring it. :-)

After we worked on the shirts, the boys and I scooted out the door and headed to the pool for a bit while Eliza napped. We are trying to appreciate these last days of summer before the weather turns too cool for swimming. When we returned Chris took Owen to the store and Ethan, Eliza and I made no bake cookies.
Hello, yummy chocolate and peanut butter goodness!
My mom used to make these for me when I was a child. I remember her laying them out on our washer (which was in our kitchen) to set up.
And now I am doing them with my own children.
She discovered "licking the bowl" today.
I'd say she has figured it out just fine.
And as if this wasn't enough good stuff for one day, it gets better.
We took the party outside and built a fire to roast marshmallows.
This is the stuff that memories are made of.
They had so much fun!
There is something so therapeutic about sitting in front of a fire.
Daddy and Eliza kept the wood coming.
And she tasted her first s'more tonight.
Life is good! Get out and taste some!

Photobucket

No comments: