Thursday, September 9, 2010

Owen's First Day of Preschool

Owen started a half day, 3 day a week preschool this week.
I tried to get a picture of him on his first day but wouldn't you know I went to take the photo and the camera battery was dead. So take two happened on day two.
I know. I know. I know what you are thinking. I quit my job to stay home with my children and next thing you know I am pushing one out the door. Well, it didn't exactly happen that way. I was perfectly happy having Owen home with me and was going out of my way to meet others who have children his age so that he would have friends to play with. Only the two friends that he met and really liked started preschool shortly after he met them. That combined with taking Ethan to school every day, it didn't take long for him to start questioning me as to when he was going to school. I tried explaining to him that he would stay with me and I would teach him things (stop laughing!) but he grew tired of my rhetoric. I knew all too well that half day programs fill up early. I am telling you, these moms are on it! So the likelihood of me finding anything for him was close to zero. None the less, I put him on a wait list at our church and then waited. Last week he asked me again about starting school and I looked up another church that had been recommended to me only to find that they had 2 spaces come available due to cancellations. Ha! Now I am the mom that is on it! :-) I called them up with a quickness and there you have it, Owen is in preschool again.
He is doing well adjusting to being back in a routine. He seems to enjoy the interaction with others and I know he operates better in a structured environment. His classroom has two class pets (they are stuffed) that are bees, Buzzy and Beatrice and each Thursday two children get to take them home. He is so excited about it being his turn and I promised him we would do something special that weekend with his class pet.
I am very proud of him and he is very proud of "his new school." I will admit though I am looking forward to having him home with me tomorrow (Friday). I miss having him around.


Photobucket

No comments: