Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Back in the Saddle

This morning when I dropped Owen off at preschool I could have swore I heard angels singing. Not that I don't enjoy my time with my children - it's not that - rather it is after spending a particularly intense and stressful weekend with them it was glorious to be down to one child this morning.
I think she rather enjoys it too.
I can't possibly count the number of times I say "stop touching her", "put her down", "don't touch your sister", "leave her alone", and the list goes on and on and on.
So I think she likes it when it is just us girls.
And it just doesn't get any easier than going from 3 children to 1.
We have been building a fire in our fire pit at night and we tell her that it is hot. This is her walking up to the fire pit saying "haaaaa" (hot).
It feels good to be home and have everyone back in their beds.
Tomorrow is lunch bunch for Owen which means he stays at school until 12.45 and has lunch with some of his classmates. Eliza and I will be meeting a dear friend of mine at the park for a couple of hours of walking and playing. And I cannot wait! Time with other mamas is so good for the soul.

No comments: