Friday, May 7, 2010

Date Night

Chris and I had a real date tonight. The kind where someone other than family comes to your house and watches your children for you AND you PAY them! We have done this one other time, but only stayed in our neighborhood for a halloween party. We went to see a couple of bands, Old Crow Medicine Show and John Prine. My favorite was Old Crow, I think Chris's was probably John Prine. Here is one of the most recognized songs by Old Crow. (If you want to listen to the video, go to the bottom and stop the music first.)



If I didn't know better I would say they were all born in the Appalachian Mtn area, more specifically Avery County. But truthfully they are from all over. They play fiddle, mandolin, harmonica, banjo, bass, steel guitar, all of it. I could have listened to them all night I think. The song above is one of the tamer songs, at least in the fact that you can understand all the words.

My favorite John Prine song was the first one he sang. Spanish Pipedream. I can't find a good video of it, but this is the chorus:

Blow up your T.V. throw away your paper
Go to the country, build you a home
Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches
Try an find Jesus on your own

We had a really good night and best of all, our children were in the bed when we got home. :-)

Photobucket

No comments: