Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Will Carry You

I have been reading Angie Smith's blog for sometime now and have followed her story of losing her daughter, Audrey Caroline for about a year or more. Her husband is Todd Smith, the singer of the group Selah. If you look to the left side of my blog you will see a Bloom button - that's her online book club and if you look down to my list of blogs that I enjoy reading, you will see her's listed, Bring the Rain. She has written a book about her journey through grief and healing and it is now available for purchase. I just haven't gotten around to purchasing it, what with the stack of books I have on my nightstand right now and the limited amount of time I have to read them. But today when I went to her blog she had posted that Barnes and Noble was offering her book for free if you want to download it to your computer. So I thought, why not. I have already read half of it. Her story grabs a hold of you and won't let go. It is an amazing story and I highly recommend it to anyone, whether you have lost a child or not. It is a beautiful story of a mother's journey and her unrelenting faith in Jesus Christ. It is only about 150 pages so a very short read and Angie speaks to you as if you are a long time friend. Her faith is inspirational. My favorite line from the book is when the doctor tells her that he daughter will not survive, he asked her what she is thinking. Her reply was profound.
"My Jesus is the same now as He was when I walked in this room."

Go download it! You won't regret it.

Photobucket

No comments: