Friday, May 14, 2010

Eliza, You Are 10 Months Today!

Have I mentioned you won't stop growing??? My baby is disappearing from my arms by the hour it seems.
So what are you up to these days?
This is your biggest accomplishment this month! Walking! You started taking steps without help around 9 1/2 months and now you are up to about 5 or so steps by yourself. You are even to the point that if you are crawling you will sometimes stop and stand up to walk, trying to figure out which one will get you where you are going faster. Look out!
Your sleeping habits are still not consistent but we are working on it. I will say that if you do wake crying at night something is usually wrong. When I go to get you in the morning you barely open your eyes but don't lift your head. I rub your back a little and talk to you and you will smile at me and close your eyes again. You are just precious. This is one of my favorite times of the day.
Despite my best efforts, you hate hats and bows. Within seconds of me putting something on your head you have your hands on it and you are throwing it to the ground. I continue to tell you that some of the best accessories you will ever have will be hats and bows but you aren't buying it.
You are into some of your 12 months clothes now which is so exciting to me. When you were a baby your Mimi and I went to a fabulous (I can't even stress that word enough) store called the Purple Turtle and bought you so many gorgeous outfits and you are finally able to wear some of them now. So exciting!
We love to pick at you and get you tickled. Hearing you belly laugh is one of the greatest joys of my life. You love to sneak around a corner and have me or daddy jump out at you. That is a sure way to get you laughing. And you could do it over and over and over. And mommy and daddy could too.
You rarely nap at school and so when I pick you up you are typically asleep within 5 minutes of getting in the car. You are doing better at napping at home though, which is wonderful.
You are completely on table food now with the exception of YoBaby yogurt. You cannot stand baby food anymore and protest adamantly if I try to feed it to you. I have given up and now just feed you whatever we are having. You love hummus on crackers and green beans.

I think all moms wonder when they have their second child and then a third how they could possibly make room in their hearts for one more but I have learned I have enough love for 10 of you. Your daddy and I continue to marvel at how much we adore you.

Happy 10 months sweet thing!

Photobucket

No comments: