Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Vacation Recap: Day 3

Day 3 started out at the beach. We arrived around 10am so it wasn't very crowded and we were able to stay a few hours until we headed back to the house for lunch.
Let's hit the waves!
Eliza was more intrigued with the sand than the water.
We brought a few beach toys for them to play with and she had fun banging those together with daddy.
She loves her daddy. Just over the past few weeks she has started sitting in our laps by choice. If Chris or I are sitting on the floor she will walk towards us then turn around backwards and slowly back up against us until she feels us and then sits down. I love it!
He is so good with her.
Meanwhile back at the ocean.
Isn't that happiness? Running from the waves.
Waiting on the next one to come.
Sand
Buckets
Shovels
Water
Sandcastles
Summer
Time to cool off.
She's got him just where she wants him.
And I don't think that's gonna change anytime soon.
Now let's head home so we can get some lunch.
Like most days, Chris wasn't interested in sandwiches for lunch and all he has to do is mention it out loud where Ethan can hear him and next thing I know we are going out to lunch.
Contrary to Capt'n Frank's sign, we had hot dogs. :-)

After lunch we headed to the Wright Brothers Memorial in Kitty Hawk. I am not kidding when I say this was a walk.
The monument is on top of a hill where the brothers tested their gliders.
Chris got his pilots license about 6 years ago so this was all very fascinating to him.
Owen and I had a bit of a tisk on the walk up the hill. I bought he and Ethan some Birkenstocks about a month ago for their sandals this summer and they wore them quite a bit while we were at the beach, every day in fact. So on the walk up the hill he was trailing behind me and I could hear him scuffing them. I told him more than 2-3 times to stop scuffing his shoes. And well, he continued. The final time I told him the next time you do it I am going to take them from you and you will have to go barefoot. So he waits until I turn back around and start walking again and what do you think he does. He scuffs them again. He does this to me, often times he will look me right in the eye and do the exact thing that I tell him not to do. So, true to my word, I took his shoes from him. He sat down on the sidewalk and started screaming like his world was coming to an end and I just kept walking. Embarrassing. Yes. But I rarely budge. Eventually when he saw that I wasn't coming back for him, he stood up and started walking, only he chose to walk in the grass.
You guessed it. And stepped on one of the many Prickly Pear Cactus's. I wouldn't say it was one of my finer mommy moments, but then again, I told him to stop scuffing his shoes. Once I pulled the thingy out of his foot and he hobbled around long enough to get some attention from daddy, he bounced right back. And in case you are feeling sorry for him, it was his idea to find all the cactus signs while we were there and ask to have his picture taken with them. Trust me when I say he "gets it."
And to wrap up the afternoon the boys had their picture taken with a replica of the plane.
He loves his sister.
And I love family vacations.
Photobucket

No comments: