Thursday, June 24, 2010

Vacation Recap: Day 5

Thursday started out with pancakes and scrambled eggs. Not much can go wrong after a kick start like that.
We spent the morning at the pool.
Ethan took the opportunity to refamiliarize himself with swimming. He has had many sessions of swimming lessons but it always takes him some time to become comfortable in the water again.
He was very nervous about doing anything without his floaties on and I kept encouraging him telling him I knew he could do it.
And finally when he did he was so proud of himself.
He swam right over to me and said "Mommy, I like it when you tell me the truth." I asked him what he meant and he said "You always tell me the truth and tell me I can swim and I can." I was so proud of him.
And this boy wouldn't get out of a ring thingy, but that's ok. He is still learning.

After lunch we got ready and headed out to daddy's pick for the day. Grave Digger!
The boys didn't really know who Grave Digger was but they knew they had a monster truck hot wheels car at home that looked just like him.
They have a monster truck called Freestyle that you can ride for $5 each so daddy enjoyed this with the boys.
They had a blast!
Looking on as the next group of kids went for a ride.
They had a few different monster trucks there to look at.
And one little monster kid.
For dinner we found a seafood buffet and Ethan tried crab legs for the first time.
And loved them!
And she had corn on the cob for the first time.
And loved it!
Just another great day at the beach if you ask me.

No comments: