Monday, March 8, 2010

Baby You Can Drive My Car

Sunday was just a beautiful day. Beautiful! It was one of those days that convince you that spring is just around the corner. We spent the afternoon outside going through this and that, toying around in the yard, washing cars, etc. The usual spring activities. While we were in the garage I decided to try Eliza in our push car that we bought when Owen was her age. I strapped her in and just pushed her around the garage to see what she thought and she was just squealing so I decided to take it a little further. Owen and I took off down the road with her for a short walk.
It didn't take long for Owen to push me aside and want to do all the driving himself.
She loved it! And I think he did just as much. He amazes me at how attentive he can be with her.
She even got the hang of the steering wheel and was trying to turn it.
Owen is trying to remember to look both ways before crossing the street. He is getting there, but by no means is to be trusted. :-)
We had such a good time getting outside and enjoying the afternoon. Eliza laughed and squealed in delight over the car.

And Owen ran, and ran
and ran.
Made for somewhat of an easy bedtime.

Photobucket

No comments: