Monday, March 8, 2010

STOP!

Each Sunday the boys learn a bible story and this past Sunday was no different, well different in that Ethan wasn't at church with us, but Owen was there all the same. So when we got in the car I asked him what miracle did Jesus perform today. And Owen said the storm was bad and Jesus said
He put up both of his hands in the "stop" manner and yelled STOP! I asked him if Jesus stopped the stormy waters and he said yep, that's what he did. I love hearing these little stories from him and I love it that they captivate him and he remembers them. Church was so much fun for me as a child and I remember learning these stories, singing in the children's choir, and all the fellowship and friendship I had over the years at church. One of the things that I am looking forward to the most is this years Vacation Bible School. I remember those weeks being full of fun. I can still remember sitting in the front pew at Calvary Baptist Church next to Janina Cauley (her daddy was the preacher) and I was dressed up as an Indian (back when they were Indians and not Native Americans, as Ethan has reminded me on more than one occasion). I assume the theme that year was Cowboys and Indians. Cowboys and Native Americans just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it? And I should know. I am part Indian, you know.
Photobucket

No comments: