Thursday, December 31, 2009

Auld Lang Syne

There are two significant events from 2009 that will always bring me to my knees in gratitude. The birth of my precious daughter, Eliza and God giving Chris and our family another chance at life. Give Praise! God is good!

Now to him who is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine.
~ Ephesians 3:20

That being said, I am happy to see 2009 come to a close and look forward to what blessings lie ahead for our family in 2010. Here are a few of our big events from 2009.
  • Owen turned 3, which has proven to be when he found his independent, stubborn personality.
  • I turned 36 and am now closer to 40 than I am to 30. Time just doesn't stop, does it?
  • We found out we were having a girl and my dreams became filled with smocked dressed and bows.
  • Chris had a heart attack and it forever changed the way I look at my family.
  • Ethan graduated from Pre-Kindergarten.
  • We sold our McKenzie house, bought a new house and moved when I was 37 weeks pregnant.
  • Ethan started kindergarten.
  • Ethan learned to swing by himself.
  • Ethan turned 5 and is growing leaps and bounds with his confidence.
  • I gave birth to Eliza Gale Bordman.
  • We lost both Corwin and Lou.
  • We celebrated 6 years of marriage.
  • I joined a bible study.
  • I was promoted to Associate Manager.

As I look to 2010 and begin to think about my new year's resolutions I know I want to keep it simple and be realistic. Afterall, succeeding at your goals feels so much better than failing at them. I want to focus on things that make me a better wife, mother and friend. So here is where I plan to start.

  • Love deeper.
  • Listen more. Talk less.
  • Appreciate my husband more.
  • Walk closer to God.
  • Play with my children more.
  • Laugh more.
  • Inhale. Exhale. Deeper.
  • And of course, the obligatory, lose this baby weight! :-)
Photobucket

No comments: