Now to him who is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine.
~ Ephesians 3:20
That being said, I am happy to see 2009 come to a close and look forward to what blessings lie ahead for our family in 2010. Here are a few of our big events from 2009.
- Owen turned 3, which has proven to be when he found his independent, stubborn personality.
- I turned 36 and am now closer to 40 than I am to 30. Time just doesn't stop, does it?
- We found out we were having a girl and my dreams became filled with smocked dressed and bows.
- Chris had a heart attack and it forever changed the way I look at my family.
- Ethan graduated from Pre-Kindergarten.
- We sold our McKenzie house, bought a new house and moved when I was 37 weeks pregnant.
- Ethan started kindergarten.
- Ethan learned to swing by himself.
- Ethan turned 5 and is growing leaps and bounds with his confidence.
- I gave birth to Eliza Gale Bordman.
- We lost both Corwin and Lou.
- We celebrated 6 years of marriage.
- I joined a bible study.
- I was promoted to Associate Manager.
As I look to 2010 and begin to think about my new year's resolutions I know I want to keep it simple and be realistic. Afterall, succeeding at your goals feels so much better than failing at them. I want to focus on things that make me a better wife, mother and friend. So here is where I plan to start.
- Love deeper.
- Listen more. Talk less.
- Appreciate my husband more.
- Walk closer to God.
- Play with my children more.
- Laugh more.
- Inhale. Exhale. Deeper.
- And of course, the obligatory, lose this baby weight! :-)