Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Little Christmas Cheer

We received a Christmas package in the mail today.

And of course I am not going to make the boys wait until Christmas.....what fun is that?

Eliza even got in on the action a little bit.

Ethan got his first set of big boy legos - Star Wars, no less.

When he opened it the first thing he said was "How did Aunt Jan know I wanted this? I was going to ask Santa and now I don't have to." It's just the magic of Christmas my dear.

He made his first ship and then gave me a quick lesson about Ahsoka and padawans. What? You don't know who or what that is? Click the link. There is a whole galaxy of knowledge waiting for you. Oh, we are embarking on the days that fill Chris's dreams. When he can have endless conversations about "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away".....and relive his childhood.

The force is with my boys, I just know it.

And Owen got a Lightning McQueen remote control car that goes with his GeoTrax set. The first thing out of his mouth was "where is the track?" The child LOVES track. I had to explain that this Lightning McQueen works with his existing track.


They even got to open mine and Chris's presents when they were done with theirs. Typical, right?

We built some track so Owen could play with McQueen but when the legos opened up, play quickly became about space ships, rockets, bad guys and padawans.

Star Wars legos are hard. I think this is going to be one of those "daddy is going to have to build this" toys. But it isn't stopping them today. They are having a blast with these things!

And Eliza was content to play with this whatcha-ma-jig so I could take some pictures.

Chris got a really nice sweater, I got a beautiful cardigan and Eliza got a beautiful Laura Ashley outfit.

Thank you Aunt Jan! We love you!

Photobucket

No comments: