Monday, December 28, 2009

I Love a Good Book

We are home. Got home around 5.30pm. Started in with the unpacking and laundry right away and now Chris is upstairs happy as Larry putting all his "stuff" together. Eliza slept really well on the car ride back so it gave me a chance to read, Same Kind of Different As Me, and I finished it. I couldn't recommend it more. What a wonderful story about three amazing people and how God worked in their lives to bring them together. A few of my favorite lines in the book are these.

"When you get all the way to the end of your rope and there ain't nothin you can do, that's when God takes over." - Denver Moore

"Just tell em I'm a nobody that's tryin to tell everybody 'bout Somebody that can save anybody. That's all you need to tell em." - Denver Moore

"But I found out everybody's different - the same kind of different as me. We're all just regular folks walkin down the road God done set in front of us." - Denver Moore

I am not sure I will be able to participate in the online book club I mentioned yesterday. We are supposed to read the first 100 pages by sometime in January (I forget the date) and then log on to discuss. Since I have finished the book already, I don't want to give anything away to the others who are still reading and I am not sure now what was included in just the first 100 pages. This was one of those books that I just could not put down.

So run! Don't walk! And get a copy of this book to read.



Photobucket

No comments: