Tuesday, January 19, 2010

First Day of Day Care

Today was a very important and equally special day in our home. Today marked the beginning of Chris and I resuming a normal work day and Owen and Eliza starting day care. Well, I say day care, but really at Owen's age it is very much a preschool. I have been nervous about this day for awhile now wondering how things would go for Owen and how I would be letting Eliza go. And it went remarkably well.

I took Owen to Target with me last night to pick out food for his class birthday party. So I was hoping that would put us in the right direction for drop off this morning and sure enough it did. He helped me carry everything in, thankfully, because there was a lot to carry. He waited patiently outside his sister's room while I got her settled and then we were off to see Mr Tony to drop off the cheese, grapes and juice boxes. Then the big step, walking into Mrs. Tammy's room. He was all smiles. He put his coat in his cubby, washed his hands, gave me a hug and asked if he could go play now. Why of course you can my darling. And that was it. Plain and Simple. I called a couple of hours later just to check in and Mrs. Lilly said he was doing great.

When I picked him up this afternoon he was running around, smiling from ear to ear playing soccer. I let out a huge sigh and closed my eyes to thank God for being so gracious. And he was probably shaking his head at me thinking "Tricia, I have told you have this under control, when are you going to learn?"

As for the little miss, she had a great day too. All smiles. Eating like a champ and very happy to see her brothers at the end of the day. I am sure she will be sick by the end of the week but that is just how it goes with day care. I will say, Ethan hasn't missed one day of school for sickness since he started and I believe I have day care germs to thank for that.

Unfortunately my camera is acting up and for whatever reason the pictures I took this morning of Owen and Eliza didn't save on my memory card. Bummer. I really wanted a picture of Eliza on her first day.

Photobucket

No comments: