Wednesday, February 3, 2010

And it all went down hill from there.....

I went to Target and bought every vapor rub type supplies I could think of and have been using them daily, nightly, you name it. But there is something about a Hamilton/Bordman ear that just cannot fight ear infections. The boys had terrible ear infections when they were babies. Ethan had at least 7 by the time he was 12 months old and by 13 months and probably the 8th or 9th ear infection I succumbed to tubes. This is his first birthday party, hot as you wouldn't believe and he had a fever of 101. I stripped him down to a diaper to help keep him cool. The next day Chris and I took him to urgent care for the final ear infection pre-tubes.
When it was Owen's turn, I didn't wait around for that many infections. He had tubes by the time he was 9 months old.
So here we go again. I had tubes in my ears at least once, my father seems to think it was twice. So maybe they get it honestly from me. An unfortunate trait to inherit, I must admit. I took her to urgent care on Monday yesterday morning and her first ear infection was confirmed.
We have the humidifier running all day, a vaporizer going, vicks on the chest and feet (thanks Vana!) and now amoxicillin. She has had 4 doses so hopefully by the morning, she will be feeling a bit better.
She did sleep better last night compared to the past week. So hopefully. Hopefully.
The boys have had runny noses and coughs too. They are getting the same treatment as Eliza sans the amoxicillin. I hate it when my babies are sick.

Photobucket

No comments: