Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Field Trip #2

I took today off so that I could go with Ethan on his second field trip of the school year.
If you recall, Chris went on the first one to a pumpkin patch and had a great time, so today was my turn.
Our first stop.....Harris Teeter.
I had four boys in my group. Count them, shall we? 1....2....3....4....
Now the interesting thing about Mrs. G assigning me to chaperone 4 boys is that I cannot manage 2 boys in the grocery store. And she wants me to watch 4! Ha! Can you tell by the picture above that they are all four very cheeky little boys. Don't let the one to the left fool you. That is sweet little Nick B who tends to fair on yellow 3 out 5 days a week. And Nathan in green.....ah, yes, Nathan in green. Nathan often ranks up at 4 out 5 days on yellow. Then there is Cameron. He knows how to flash a smile doesn't he? He preferred to dance his way through the grocery store. And then there is Ethan, who averages 5 "chats" and 1 spanking per grocery store trip. Deep Breath. I can do this. They are JUST 5 after all.
Let's go, shall we??

We talked about cereal. How to look for the sugars in cereal. Why we should not have cereal with too many sugars. And then we all picked out a healthy cereal.
We got to see a lobster up close and personal. Ethan even touched it but he was so quick to draw his hand back that I missed the shot. That must mean I need faster glass, honey.
Then we were able to decorate a cookie in the bakery. This was by far their favorite part.
This is Nick B's cookie.
And yes, he ate ALL of that icing!

Harris Teeter was very kind to give the children a snack to enjoy.
Then it was back to the bus for our second stop.
The Post Office.
Each child was given a dollar and a nickel so that they could buy their own postage.
Then they waited patiently for their turn at the desk to buy their stamp.
They learned where the stamps go on letters.
Here is Ethan with Flat Ethan, almost ready to be sent out to Uncle Cam.
Then the children waited one by one to put their envelopes in the mail slot.
Each one put their envelope in, closed the door
....and then opened the door to make sure it was actually gone.
Alright!
Thank you Post Office!
Cam - you should be getting Flat Ethan in the next couple of days. Have fun with him! Can't wait to see your adventures!

As for me, I have about 2 hours to myself before I have to head back to the school for Ethan's Young Author's celebration. I am not 100% sure what this is, but I know it is an event in the Media Center to celebrate Ethan's writing thus far this year. I also know, that I wouldn't miss it for the world. More pictures to come later this afternoon.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Amy said...

This is so great! The things I look forward to!

Crystal said...

So cute!! Love the pictures. You have a beautiful family!!