Saturday, April 3, 2010

Brothers

They fight like dogs. They pick on each other constantly. They mouth off to one another and call each other names. But there is nothing like brothers.
They are trouble. No doubt about it.
I have given up telling them not to climb on their log cabin.
Now I just tell them to be careful. Not that they listen to that either.
But I suppose if they get hurt at least I can say, I told you to be careful, as oppose to not saying anything. Not that they would hear me then either.
They can make a gun out of anything.
And they pretend to shoot everything. Today it was the guinea fowl.
The guinea fowl that supposedly eat the ticks out of our yard. Like the one I pulled off of my stomach last night. ICK! Gives me goose bumps just thinking about it.
I don't know??? Are they surveying their domain?
Or just finding balance.
Owen usually has the hardest time getting down from the cabin. Come to think of it, he hasn't ever jumped down by himself until today. I think he laid on his belly and dangled his feet until he could feel the rock at his toes. And then let go. He was very proud of himself. Can you tell in the photo above where he chopped his hair? :-)
If you can see the stick coming out of the mud above, that would be the "gun" and it is being "powered up."

We had several little errands to run here and there today. One of which included going to the mall. It is NEVER fun taking the boys to the mall. NEVER. EVER. There is lots of running. Lots of darting around people. Lots of yelling. Lots of threats. Lots of car dodging. It just isn't fun. But sometimes you just have to get out of the house. And today was one of those days.

Needless to say, they were much more in their element in the muddy backyard with their guns. It's their happy place. And mine too.

Brothers.

They can be the worst of enemies. They can be the best of friends.

Photobucket

No comments: