Monday, April 5, 2010

Our First Letter

We received our first letter from our sponsored child, Michelle this weekend. She lives with her mother, Edith, her brother, Kelvin and her sister, Zaituni. Her best friend is Shirlyne, her favorite song is "I Have a Father Who Never Fails" and her favorite bible story is Moses crossing the Red Sea. Those last two things are just amazing to me. She is only 6 years old and these are her favorites. After having the two little girls in our home last week and seeing how grateful they are for everything they have, it makes one stop and think, is more really less? I think so. The more you have, the more you want and it becomes and endless cycle. I have been exposed to 3 little girls now who live far below any poverty line that we may think of as poverty in the US, yet they are so filled with love for Jesus and have a hope for a better life. Very inspirational.

Just a quick summary of the kids:

Eliza is standing more and more without holding onto anything. She gets her balance and stands up slowly, then starts clapping. She knows she is doing something big.

Owen is the second one in our family to fall prey to a tick. I pulled one off him tonight as he was getting in the shower. I am calling a lawn service tomorrow to see if there is anything that can be done.

Ethan has another Learning Experience tomorrow - Weather Wonders. I am excited to go in and see what the children are going to be doing. He has a field trip to see June B. Jones next week and then on the 19th (mom's birthday) he has another field trip, this time to the park. I think I will go on that one. Mom would like that - me spending the day with Ethan at the park on her special day.

That's it from where I sit.

Photobucket

No comments: