Friday, April 2, 2010

Egg-cellent Fun!

We decided today was a good day to dye our eggs. Chris bought 2 dozen eggs for us last night and we got started right away this morning.
We mixed our vinegar and water and dropped in the tablets.
The boys stirred and stirred hoping to break up those tablets. I was told because that is what Aunt Jan says to do.
And there was nothing I could say to convince them otherwise.
Then it was time to drop the eggs in. It doesn't matter how many times you tell them to place the eggs gently in the cups - it splashes every time. Possibly on purpose. The jury is still out on that one.
They waited as patiently as they possibly could. Pulling the eggs out every few seconds. Going back and forth from blue to green to yellow to pink, asking if they are done yet? Are they dark enough yet?
I used a white crayon to write initials on some of the eggs so that when they were colored the white crayon would show up. I can't tell you how many times I had to listen to Ethan tell me "mommy, the white crayon doesn't work." *sigh* "yes, dear." You should have seen his face when I pulled it out to show him it does work!
He wanted to color all the remaining eggs with white then. They don't call me mom for nothing.

Photobucket

No comments: